Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: skört
skort (plural skorts)
- A pair of shorts designed to look like a skirt via the addition of a panel of fabric.
- Always feminine, Faith preferred to wear a skirt when possible, but for reasons of modesty she compromised by wearing a skort to amusement parks where boys might see her from below if she rode the Ferris wheel.
- 2008 August, Sarah Bowen Shea, Speedy, Sexy, Cool: What to look for if you're putting shorts behind, Runner's World, page 74,
- All the major athletic apparel companies now offer skirts, or skorts. (What's the difference between a skort and a running skirt? Nothing, really, but I like the latter term better.)
- 2010, Jen Hatmaker, Out of the Spin Cycle: Devotions to Lighten Your Mother Load, page 91,
- Trina: I'm holding a pair of skorts.
- Jen: (gasp) Trina, listen very carefully to me. Put the skorts down and back away slowly. BACK AWAY! Look for the nearest exit!
- 2011, Anna Lefler, The Chicktionary: From A-line to Z-snap, the words every woman should know, page 179,
- Often erroneously confused with culottes (see also: culottes), the skort appears to be a skirt in the front (due to a clever little fabric flap) but reveals its essential shorts-ness from behind. The skort is typically short (often very short) and is designed for sporty activities such as tennis and hiking.
pair of shorts designed to look like a skirt
- indefinite accusative singular of skortur