Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Used other than as an idiom: slot in.
- (transitive) To put something into a slot.
- To put something into its desired place
2011 February 1, Mandeep Sanghera, “Man Utd 3 - 1 Aston Villa”, in BBC:
- Darren Bent slotted in a Stewart Downing cross to give Villa hope but that was ended when defender Nemanja Vidic thumped in United's third.
- To schedule something for a particular time.
- I'll slot you in between my 3 o'clock and 4 o'clock appointment.