Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (soccer) A hard shot without much planning.
2011 January 29, Ian Hughes, “Southampton 1 - 2 Man Utd”, in BBC:
- But the League One side's early endeavours brought only two well-struck but off-target free-kicks and a snap shot from Rickie Lambert.
- (field hockey or ice hockey) A quick shot executed by moving the stick parallel to the ground and ending with a snap of the wrist.
- (hunting) A shot taken quickly, without time for careful aiming.
- Alternative form of
2004, Noureddine Krichene, Deriving Market Expectations for the Euro-Dollar Exchange, ISBN 1452754217:
- Tentatively, the market sentiment on May 5, 2004 could be described as favoring greater stability around the forward, however with a bias for a dollar depreciation. This is only a snap shot of expectations.