Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (transitive) To extinguish, to stop a process, to kill, to rub out.
- 2010 December 29, Chris Whyatt, “Chelsea 1 - 0 Bolton”, in BBC:
- Elmander's lovely flick nearly set Taylor free inside the box but, this time, Boswinga reacted well to snuff out any real danger.
- 2017 August 25, Aukkarapon Niyomyat & Panarat Thepgumpanat, "Thai junta seeks Yingluck's arrest as former PM skips court verdict", in reuters.com, Reuters
- The verdict against Yingluck is widely seen as having the potential to reignite tensions, though the junta has largely snuffed out open opposition.
- (transitive) To kill a living being.