Jump to navigation Jump to search
- simple past tense and past participle of
- The drunk staggered to the end of the bar before he collapsed.
- Astonished, taken aback.
- Arranged in a way that is not uniform.
- The U.S. Senate holds staggered elections, with only one third of the seats being filled every two years.
- Of platforms at a railway station, not directly opposite each other.
- 1959 May, Yorkshireman, “The Huddersfield-Penistone line and its branches”, in Trains Illustrated, page 253:
- The line now veers slightly south through a wooded cutting before arriving at the staggered platforms of Stocksmoor station (6½ miles) and a further ¾-mile stretch of level track leads to Shepley & Shelley (7¼ miles).
astonished — see astonished