stand and deliver
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A phrase traditionally used by a highwayman commanding victims to hand over their valuables.
- Stand and deliver! Your money or your life!
- (Traditional) Whiskey in the Jar (song)
- As I was going over the far famed Kerry mountains
- I met with Captain Farrell and his money he was counting.
- I first produced my pistol, and then produced my rapier.
- Said stand and deliver, or the devil he may take ye life!
phrase traditionally used by a highwayman commanding victims to hand over their valuables