Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -æptɪk
synaptic (not comparable)
- (physiology) Of or relating to a synapse—the junction between the terminal of a neuron and another cell.
- (cytology) Of or relating to a synapsis—the association of homologous maternal and paternal chromosomes during the initial part of meiosis.
- 1913, Frederick McAllister, On the cytology and embryology of Smilacina racemosa:
- By far the greater proportion of cytologists however are of the opinion that the synaptic contraction is a normal stage in the heterotypic prophases.
- synaptic cleft
- synaptic conduction
- synaptic gap
- synaptic plasticity
- synaptic vesicle
junction between the terminal of a neuron and another cell
association of homologous maternal and paternal chromosomes during the initial part of meiosis
- synaptic at OneLook Dictionary Search