Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The condition of being tactile (relating to or able to be perceived by the sense of touch).
- Synonym: tactuality
- 1988, Angela Carter, “John Ford’s ’Tis Pity She’s a Whore” in Burning Your Boats: The Collected Short Stories, New York: H. Holt, p. 337,
- Each time they lay down there together, as if she obeyed a voice that came out of the quilt telling her to put the light out, she would extinguish the candle flame between her finger-tips. All around them, the tactility of the dark.
- 1993, Vikram Seth, A Suitable Boy, London: Phoenix, 1994, Part 8, p. 554,
- Maan loved swimming, not for the exercise but for the luxury, the tactility of it.
- The ability to feel pressure or pain through touch.
condition of being tactile