Jump to navigation Jump to search
thermostatic (not comparable)
- having or maintaining a consistent temperature
- The shower has a thermostatic water-mixing valve.
- 1961 February, “Talking of Trains: Phase II units in service”, in Trains Illustrated, page 69:
- Another source of discontent with the Phase I stock has been obviated by relocation of the interior heating elements and the introduction of thermostatic control; this has eradicated the searing blasts of hot air passengers used to feel about their calves [...].
- (physiology) Relating to thermostasis