think of England
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) To (distract oneself so as to be able to) tolerate or endure bad or unwanted sex.
- I just lie on my back and think of England.
- Just close your eyes and think of England.
- 1912, Alice Marion (née Harbord), Journal, quoted in 2004 in Quotations on the Air (Collins; ISBN 0007183925, page 354):
- I am happy now that Charles calls on my bed chamber less frequently than of old. As it is I now endure but two calls a week and when I hear his steps outside my door, I lie down on my bed, close my eyes, open my legs and think of England.