Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Not British, or not living up to what is supposed or expected of the British.
- 1901 April 12, “The Advantages of Spaying Cull dairy Cows, and how to do it”, in The Agricultural Journal and Mining Record, volume 4, number 3, page 78:
- Apart from the fact that the latter alternative is un-British, and an undesirable system, the dairying community, as a whole, is in no better position.
- 1992, Mike Brake, Chris Hale, Public order and private lives
- Anxieties about the general economic and political decline of Britain became projected onto black youth, the image of the unBritish black 'immigrant' […]
- 2008, Thalia Anthony, Chris Cunneen, The critical criminology companion
- Here Pearson (1983) was at pains to bring a historical perspective to the apparently new and by definition unBritish crime of 'mugging' […]