Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (manner) In a manner that one does not believe.
- He gestured unbelievably. Everyone knew he was faking being sick.
- (degree) To an extent not to be believed.
- His face turned unbelievably blue. We realized he was actually choking.
- (evaluative) Contrary to expectations, amazingly.
- Unbelievably, Rudy saved the man's life but got sued for breaking two of his ribs.
in a manner one does not believe
to an extent not to be believed
contrary to expectations
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.