Jump to navigation Jump to search
uncovering (plural uncoverings)
- The act by which something is uncovered.
- 1969, William Edward Burghardt DuBois, Dark Water: Voices from Within the Veil:
- In partial compensation for this narrowed destiny the white world has lavished its politeness on its womankind,—its chivalry and bows, its uncoverings and courtesies—all the accumulated homage disused for courts and kings […]
- 2000, Paul Gorner, Twentieth Century German Philosophy, page 158:
- Although clearly we play a part in particular uncoverings of entities, the discovery of particular truths, we have no control over basic modes of revealing and revealedness, concealing and concealedness.