Jump to navigation Jump to search
- present participle of
- 2013 June 21, Oliver Burkeman, “The tao of tech”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 2, page 27:
- The dirty secret of the internet is that all this distraction and interruption is immensely profitable. Web companies like to boast about […], or offering services that let you […] "share the things you love with the world" and so on. But the real way to build a successful online business is to be better than your rivals at undermining people's control of their own attention.
undermining (plural underminings)
- The act or process by which something is undermined.
- 2007 November 23, The New York Times, “Art in Review”, in New York Times:
- The piece, titled You, calls up many references from the past and the present: from Michael Heizer's earthworks to Chris Burden's institutional underminings to Monica Bonvicini's simulations of the same.