Jump to navigation Jump to search
unstained (not comparable)
- Not dyed or discolored; not marred by any stains, marks, or spotting.
- The unstained hardwood floor was pale, but the finish soaked in and made the room seem dark.
- 1899 Feb, Joseph Conrad, “The Heart of Darkness”, in Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine, page 194:
- The water shone pacifically; the sky, without a speck, was a benign immensity of unstained light; the very mist on the Essex marshes was like a gauzy and radiant fabric, hung from the wooded rises inland, and draping the low shores in diaphanous folds.
- Pure, pristine, clean, immaculate, unadulterated.
- She arrived at the chapel for her marriage with unstained honor.