Jump to navigation Jump to search
untold (not comparable)
- Not told; not related; not revealed; secret.
- Not numbered or counted.
- 2010 January 14, Simon Romero, “Haiti Lies in Ruins; Grim Search for Untold Dead”, in The New York Times:
- Huge swaths of Port-au-Prince lay in ruins, and thousands of people were feared dead in the rubble.
- 2012, James Lambert, “Beyond Hobson-Jobson: A new lexicography for Indian English”, in World Englishes, page 301:
- More importantly, there is an untold multitude of Indian English terms that have never been given lexicographical treatment in any dictionary.
- Not able to be counted, measured, told, expressed in words, or described; extremely large in scale, number, quantity, suffering, damage, etc.; uncountable, unmeasurable, immeasurable, indescribable, inexpressible.