Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -eɪnɪəs
- Of or containing uranium.
- 1883 January, Captain Abney, “Recent Advances in Photography”, in Popular Science, volume 22, number 19, ISSN 0161-7370, page 398:
- This differs from the previous process in that the gallic acid, in the one case, reduces the silver solution to the state of metallic silver ; and, in the other case, the uranious image itself reduces it to the state of silver oxide.
- 1959, Tom Lehrer (music), “We Will All Go Together When We Go”, in More of Tom Lehrer, performed by Tom Lehrer:
- When the air becomes uranious / We will all go simultaneous
- (chemistry) uranous.