Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Highly or widely praised or boasted about.
- 2018 January 25, Amelia Gentleman, “Men-only clubs and menace: how the establishment maintains male power”, in The Guardian:
- We know that many male City employees still go to lapdancing clubs for a fun night out. We know City organisations have struggled in their vaunted attempts to get more women on boards.
- 2020 April 7, Peter Conrad, “Abolish Silicon Valley by Wendy Liu review – rebooting our reality”, in The Guardian:
- We now have good reason to question the pursuits of the vaunted innovators with whom Liu consorted in California – the blissed-out cultists at Google, whose only worry is over “the wrong kind of sparkling water in the microkitchens”, or the manic experts who specialise in “envisioning hyperplanes in n-dimensional space”.
highly or widely boasted about
- simple past tense and past participle of