Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (biology) The hairs of plants, invertebrates and other non-mammalian organisms, taken as a whole.
2013, Adam Slipinski, Australian Beetles Volume 1: Morphology, Classification and Keys:
- Phycosecids are small, ovate, convex beetles with a prognathous head, partly covered by a semicircular projection of the pronotum and a dorsal vestiture of whitish scales or scalelike setae.
- (rare) Investiture (of a person with a specific role, powers etc.).
- (literary or archaic) Clothes, clothing.
1972, Vladimir Nabokov, Transparent Things, McGraw-Hill, published 1972, page 41:
- Toward the end of the second album the photography burst into color to celebrate the vivid vestiture of her adolescent molts.
- plural of