Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Originally an alternate spelling of victual.
vittle (plural vittles)
- (archaic) Food.
- (colloquial, in the plural) Food; edible provisions.
The plural form, vittles, is now more commonly used for both singular and plural instances.
- To provide or obtain edible provisions.
- 1860: William Carleton, Tales & Stories of the Irish Peasantry 
- ...Balgruntie was bent on makin' the attempt, especially after he heard that the castle was well vittled, an' indeed he was meritoriously joined by his men, who piously licked their lips on hearin' of such glad tidin's.
- 1860: William Carleton, Tales & Stories of the Irish Peasantry