Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A command center; a single location which serves as the point of coordination for military activities.
- 1964, Stanley Kubrick; Terry Southern; Peter George, Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, spoken by President Merkin Muffley (Peter Sellers):
- Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
- 2017 July 23, Brandon Nowalk, “The great game begins with a bang on Game Of Thrones (newbies)”, in The Onion AV Club:
- But even without the battle, “Stormborn” is a far more exciting establishment episode than “Dragonstone.” It spends most of its time hopping back and forth among three different war rooms with a couple diversions to Oldtown and the Riverlands. And within those war rooms, “Stormborn” isn’t just taking things for granted or skipping to the point where all the characters are neatly sorted onto two sides.
- (by extension) A single location from which any activity is directed.
location from which an activity is directed