Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Welling
welling (plural wellings)
- The act of something that wells, or issues forth like water.
- 1938, Norman Lindsay, Age of Consent, Sydney: Ure Smith, published 1962, page 32:
- It spread slowly up from the sea-rim, a welling upwards of pure white light, ghosting the beach with silver and drawing the grey bastions of sandstone out of formless space.
- 1947, T. A. Jaggar, Origin and Development of Craters
- Later experience suggested that such wellings up of molten glass from caverns filled with active lava in a period of outflow might be due to sudden generation of steam from cascades of water during torrential rainfall.