Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈjɜːnɪŋli/
- (US) enPR: yûrnʹing-lē, IPA(key): /ˈjɝnɪŋli/
Audio (US) (file)
- With yearning; with desire; longingly.
- 1904, Henry James, The Golden Bowl, Part 2, Chapter 7:
- Yet what was it she had in mind, what did she wish to make of him beyond what she had already made, a patient, punctilious host, mindful that she had originally arrived much as a stranger, arrived not at all deliberately or yearningly invited?—so that one positively had her possible susceptibilities the MORE on one’s conscience.