Jump to navigation Jump to search
- plural of
From plural of onomatopoeic yuk.
- laughter, amusement
- 1988 July 22, Lawrence Bommer, “Sybil’s Playhouse”, in Chicago Reader:
- For instance, the five improv artists in Sybil’s Playhouse nearly broke their funny bones trying to dig yuks from the response to “What’s making you blue this summer?”
- 2010, Danielle Corsetto, Girls With Slingshots
- HAZEL: Please tell me that mask is removable.
- DOCTOR: Oh! Yes, of course – it’s just for yuks, see!
- (slang) Alternative form of