- straw (a dried stalk of a cereal plant)
This Kurdish entry was created from the translations listed at straw. It may be less reliable than other entries, and may be missing parts of speech or additional senses. Please also see کا in the Kurdish Wiktionary. This notice will be removed when the entry is checked. (more information) April 2008
From Prakrit किअउं and Sanskrit कृतं (perfect participle neuter of कृ 'to do,')
- belonging to
- عامل کی بیٹی "Aamil's daughter"
- made of, consisting of
- کا is a possesive particle in Urdu to show relationships with people and things, and in many cases it can be translated as an apostrophe s as possession would be used in English. It is not used to show possession by people of objects, the کے پاس construction is used for that. کا is the postposition of the genitive case in Urdū and Hindī, and, as such, is also frequently used as an adjective termination, e.g. sone-kī ghaṛī, 'a gold watch'; kāṭh-kā ghoṛā, 'a wooden horse'
- The oblique form کے (ke) forms a large number of compound pospositions such as کے ساتھ (with), کے پیچھے (behind), etc.
- Feminine: کی (kī)
- Oblique and plural: کے (ke)
- McGregor, R.S, ed. The Oxford Hindi-English Dictionary, Oxford university press. 1993
- Platts, John T. A dictionary of Urdu, Classical Hindi, and English Oxford. 1884.