Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Kanji in this term|
- (manga, anime) A shift &/or transformation between two or more forms; or between ones own alter egos; between a secret identity and a true identity.
See also 
- 変身する (henshin suru) (“to transform oneself”)
- 変化 (へんげ, henge): lit. a "transformation," a "metamorphosis," a "makeover"
- 変形 a "transformation," "deformation," a "metamorphosis," &/or "change(ing) shape"
- 変移 (へんい, hen'i): lit. "transmutation"
- 変移する (へんいする, hen'i suru): lit. "to change, to shift, to alterate, to transmutate, to transubstantiate"
- 変貌 "transfiguring one's own appearance," a glamour
- 変容 "shapeshifting"
- 魔法少女 (mahō shōjo): lit. a "Magical Girl," (a manga genre.)
- 装着, sōchaku): lit. "equip"
- a secret identity
- 分身 (ぶんしん, bunshin): lit. "body double"
- 変わり身 (かわりみ, kawarimi): lit. "(inter-)changeable bod(y/ies)"