Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also cantonese
Cantonese (not comparable)
- Relating to Canton.
- Relating to Cantonese people.
- Relating to Cantonese language.
relating to Canton
relating to the Cantonese people
relating to the Cantonese language
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Cantonese (plural Cantonese)
person from Canton
Proper noun 
- (uncountable) A Chinese language mainly spoken in the south-eastern part of Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, by the Chinese minorities in Southeast Asia and by many overseas Chinese worldwide.
See also 
- Wiktionary's coverage of Cantonese terms
- Appendix:Cantonese Swadesh list for a Swadesh list of basic vocabulary words in Cantonese