Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also cherokee
- IPA: /ˈt͡ʃɛr.ə.kiː/
- An indigenous North American people.
- Their Iroquoian language, still spoken in Oklahoma and North Carolina.
- A syllabary for the Cherokee language invented by Sequoyah.
indigenous North American people
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Cherokee (plural Cherokees)
- A member of this people.
- The Cherokee people; a member
- Its language