Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also lol
- (UK) IPA: /ɛl.əu.ɛl/, /lɔːl/, /lɒl/, X-SAMPA: /El.@U.El/, /lO:l/, /lQl/
- (US) IPA: /ɛl.oʊ.ɛl/, /lɔl/, /lɑl/, /loʊl/, /lol/, X-SAMPA: /El.oU.El/, /lOl/, /lAl/, /loUl/, /lol/
- (Internet, Internet slang, text messaging) Laughing (or laugh) out loud
- (Internet, Internet slang, text messaging) Lots of laughs (occasionally used)
- (letter-writing) Lots of love (now obsolete or dated)
- (US, British commonwealth, Ireland) Loyal Orange Lodge, a prefix given to all branches of the Loyal Orange Order. For example, LOL 1 is Portadown branch.
Expression of laughter
- (Internet, Internet slang, text messaging, by dilution) Denotes light-heartedness or that the thing just said was not intended as serious
-  UK house of commons discussing a Loyal Orange Lodge.