Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
Proper noun 
- A nomadic people with origins in India, the Roma.
- The Indo-Aryan lect of the Roma people, or one of its sublects (such as Roma, Sinti, Romanichal, etc), closely related to Hindi and Rajasthani.
nomadic people — see Roma
- For translations which are exonyms (not cognates of the Romani term for their own language), see Gypsy.
Romani (plural Romanies)
- A member of the Roma people.
member of the Roma people — see Rom
Romani (not comparable)
- Of or belonging to the Roma people.
- Compare: the translations of Gypsy#Adjective.
of or belonging to the Roma people
See also 
- Wiktionary's coverage of Romani terms
- Appendix:Romani Swadesh list for a Swadesh list of basic vocabulary words in Romani
- Romani - English Dictionary: from Webster's Dictionary - the Rosetta Edition
- ISO 639-3 code rom (SIL)
- Plural form of Romano