A habitational surname, shaped by folk etymology, from places in England, Riehale, Righale, Ryhill and Ryall, Old English ryge (“rye”) + Lua error in Module:parameters at line 41: The parameter "4" does not exist., and Royle, rā (“roe”) + hyll (“hill”).
- A surname.
- A male given name from the surname, or from the word "royal".
Royal (plural Royals)
- (soccer) someone connected with Reading Football Club, as a fan, player, coach etc.
- A person in a royal family, as the Prince of Wales.
- Used in terms of address or reference to members of a royal family.
- (UK, by extension) Used in the names of organisations within the British government, as, the Royal Navy, Royal Mail.