ar-noun • (ar-noun) ?
Please note that the pronunciation of borrowed nouns often doesn't match their spelling, in that short vowels are often spelled as long vowels to aid in pronunciation. Furthermore, pronunciation of borrowed nouns often includes short and long e and o, which cannot be indicated using diacritics. Hence, it may not be possible to adequately specify the pronunciation of a borrowed noun using vowel diacritics, and it may also be necessary to explicitly specify a transliteration. Examples are كيروسين kirusīn "kerosene", where short i and u are spelled with long vowels, and كلوروفورم klōrofōrm "chloroform", where a spelled long و (ū) stands variously for short o and long ō.
- head= vocalized equivalent of page name (i.e. with vowel diacritics); please include this
- tr= transliteration; normally unnecessary if head= is vocalized, as it will be automatically derived from head= — but see above about borrowed nouns (see also Wiktionary:About Arabic#Romanization); if not present and head= isn't vocalized, then the word will be added to the category Category:Arabic terms needing transliteration
- g= gender: m or f or mf (rare); if not present then the word will be added to the category Category:Arabic nouns lacking gender
- pl= plural page name; please include vowel diacritics
- plhead= formerly, equivalent of pl= with vowel diacritics; instead, provide the diacritics in pl=
- pltr= transliteration of plural; unnecessary if pl= or plhead= includes diacritics
- pl2=, pl2head=, pl2tr= for a second plural form; similar to pl=, plhead=, pltr=
- pl3=, pl3head=, pl3tr= for a third plural form; similar to pl=, plhead=, pltr=
- pl4=, pl4head=, pl4tr= for a fourth plural form; similar to pl=, plhead=, pltr=
- pl5=, pl5head=, pl5tr= for a fifth plural form; similar to pl=, plhead=, pltr=
- d=, dhead=, dtr= for dual form; similar to pl=, plhead=, pltr=
- f=, fhead=, ftr= for feminine form; similar to pl=, plhead=, pltr=