Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Arabick (obsolete)
Arabic (not comparable)
- Related to the Arabic language.
2008, Abdallah Nacereddine, To Be Oneself: The Tragicomedy of an Unfinished Life History, ISBN 978-1-4670-8502-1, page 342:
- One day my UN students asked me, "Which is the Arabic country where the best Arabic is spoken?" I quickly replied, "Bosnia." They exclaimed, "But Bosnia is not an Arab country!"
- Of, from, or pertaining to Arab countries or cultural behaviour (see also Arab as an adjective).
2012, Deborah Youdell, “Intelligibility, agency and the raced–nationed–religioned subjects of education”, in Intersectionality and "Race" in Education, ISBN 978-1-136-62899-3, page 202:
- White chalk on the fascia board above the Arabic-food stall reads "Lebanon" and "Lebs rule".
- The adjective Arabic is commonly used in reference to language, and in traditional phrases such as Arabic numeral or gum arabic. Its use is controversial and often deprecated in reference to people or countries, where the adjective Arab is preferred.
of, from, or pertaining to Arab countries or cultural behaviour
- A major Semitic language originating from the Arabian peninsula, and now spoken natively (in various spoken dialects, all sharing a single highly conservative standardized literary form) throughout large sections of the Middle East and North Africa.
- The Aramaic-derived alphabet used to write the Arabic, Persian, Pashto, Urdu, and Uyghur languages, among others.
- Wiktionary's coverage of Arabic terms
- Appendix:Arabic Swadesh list for a Swadesh list of basic vocabulary words in Arabic
- Arabic edition of Wiktionary
- Arabic language on Wikipedia.Wikipedia:Arabic language
- Appendix:Arabic script
- ISO 639-1 code ar, ISO 639-3 code ara
- Ethnologue entry for Arabic macrolanguage, ara It's a family or related languages. The individual ones are: