After exactly 4 months of being an editor here, I was given the role of sysop. I'm not sure if that puts me in a position to answer any questions or suchlike, but feel free to try — I'll do my best. I also run a bot called MetaBot to do various automated tasks; I take botting requests gladly, although I may not be able to fulfill them.
Challenge: Find or design a list of questions about how I pronounce certain words that can determine exactly (give or take) where I live. I promise I'll answer honestly.
- I can fully understand and communicate in the following languages: English, Latin, and Tok Pisin. If you must know, I've rated myself at en-N, la-3, tpi-2.
- I can understand and communicate, but usually with mistakes, in the following languages: Spanish, Bislama, Pijin, Yiddish, Afrikaans, Middle English, Esperanto, Ido, and Klingon.
- I can understand, but not communicate, in the following languages: Italian, French, Interlingua, Mauritian Creole, and any major Polynesian language.
- I have briefly studied, but can neither understand texts of even slight complexity nor communicate effectively, in the following languages: Swahili, Ancient Greek, Hebrew, Egyptian, Thai, Mandarin.
- All these are in written ability, and in some languages I am assuming that I can check a few words in a handy dictionary, but for Wiktionary purposes they all hold true. Feel free to give me some practice by leaving me messages in any language in the first three categories.