Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
abime (plural abimes)
- Obsolete form of abysm.
Audio (Paris) (file)
abime m (plural abimes)
- An unfathomable depth; an abyss or chasm.
- The bottom of a chasm or valley.
- (literary) An infiniteness of thought.
- (literary) A superlative used with various abstraction and qualities; the climax or acme.
- (literary) Hell.
- (heraldry) The abyss of the shield.
- This spelling was a product of the 1990 French spelling reforms.
- Often used as if it was a pluralia tantum.
- Unlike the English abyss, abime is not the usual term for underwater abysses (the same term, abysse, exists in French), although it is used for them.