Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ə.ˈkaʊn.tɪŋ/
- Present participle of account.
- (accounting) The development and use of a system for recording and analyzing the financial transactions and financial status of a business or other organization.
- A relaying of events; justification of actions.
- He was required to give a thorough accounting of his time.
Derived terms 
Terms derived from the noun "accounting"
development and maintenance of system for recording and analyzing financial transactions
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked