Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (botany, mycology) Linked or fused to something unlike itself.
- Adnate mushroom gills are broadly attached to the stalk slightly above the bottom of the gill, with most of the gill fused to the stem.
- An anther is adnate when fixed by its whole length to the filament.
- (zoology) Growing with one side adherent to a stem; applied to the lateral zooids of corals and other compound animals.
linked or fused
Derived terms 
- second-person plural present active imperative of adnō