Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Portugal) IPA(key): [ɐmɐˌðuɾɨˈseɾ]
- (Paulista) IPA(key): [amaˌduɾeˈse(ɹ)]
- (South Brazil) IPA(key): [amaˌduɾeˈse(ɻ)]
- (Carioca) IPA(key): [amaˌduɾeˈse(χ)]
- (Nordestino) IPA(key): [amaˌduɾeˈseː]
- ripen (to cause to mature; to make ripe)
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb amadurecer
- This is a regular verb of the -er group.
- The last letter c is changed to ç, depending on the following vowel, resulting in these four possible sequences: -ça-, -ce-, -ci- and -ço-.
- Verbs with this conjugation include: acontecer, amanhecer, carecer, conhecer, descer, esquecer, merecer, parecer, reconhecer, tecer, vencer.