Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
Etymology 1 
- Past participle of arm (below).
- (sometimes in combination) Equipped, especially with a weapon.
- (Of a weapon) prepared for use; loaded.
Derived terms 
equipped, especially with a weapon
prepared for use
- simple past tense and past participle of arm
Etymology 2 
armed (not comparable)
- (chiefly in combination) Having an arm or arms, often of a specified number or type.
- (heraldry, of horns, teeth, beaks, etc.) Coloured in a different tincture from the beast or bird itself.