Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈvɜːʃn/
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈvɝʒn/
- Hyphenation: aver‧sion
aversion (plural aversions)
- Opposition or repugnance of mind; fixed dislike.
- Due to her aversion to the outdoors she complained throughout the entire camping trip.
- An object of dislike or repugnance.
- Pushy salespeople are a major aversion of mine.
- (obsolete) The act of turning away from an object.
the object of dislike or repugnance
a turning away