Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
bamboo (plural bamboos)
- A grass of the Poaceae family, characterised by its woody, hollow, round, straight, jointed stem, all of which are in the Bambuseae tribe.
- The wood of the bamboo plant as a material or cane.
- a didgeridoo
- (slang) A British military or Honourable East India Company employee, who spent so much time in Indonesia, India, or Malaysia that they never went back home.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
bamboo (not comparable)
- Made of the wood of the bamboo.
made of bamboo