Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: bārēm
From Ottoman Turkish [script needed] (bari).
bàrem (Cyrillic spelling ба̀рем)
- at least
- Gledao sam taj film barem deset puta. ― I've seen that film at least ten times.
- Možeš mi barem reći u čemu je stvar? ― Can you at least tell me what it's all about?
- if only
- Da sam barem imala novac, kupila bih bila tu kuću. ― If I only had had the money, I would have bought that house.
- Da barem mogu vratiti vr(ij)eme! ― I wish I could turn back the time! (If I only could turn back the time...)
- “barem” in Hrvatski jezični portal