Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (intransitive) To commit blasphemy; to speak against God or religious doctrine.
- (transitive) To speak of, or address, with impious irreverence; to revile impiously (anything sacred).
- So Dagon shall be magnified, and God, / Besides whom is no god, compared with idols, / Disglorified, blasphemed, and had in scorn.
- Dr. W. Beveridge
- How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge thyself on all those who thus continually blaspheme thy great and all-glorious name?
- (transitive) To calumniate; to revile; to abuse.
- You do blaspheme the good in mocking me.
- Alexander Pope
- Those who from our labours heap their board, / Blaspheme their feeder and forget their lord.
to speak against God or religious doctrine
blaspheme (plural blasphemes)
- obsolete spelling of