Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
bludgeon (plural bludgeons)
- A short, heavy club, often of wood, which is thicker or loaded at one end.
- We smashed the radio with a steel bludgeon.
short heavy club
- (transitive) To strike or hit with something hard, usually on the head; to club.
- The apprehended rioter was bludgeoned to death.
- (transitive) To coerce someone, as if with a bludgeon.
- Their favorite method was bludgeoning us with the same old arguments in favor of their opinions.
to club, hit with a bludgeon
- “bludgeon” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary (2001).