Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Of, relating to, or concerning the body.
- His bodily deficiencies were a heavy burden to him.
- Having a body or material form; physical; corporeal.
- You are a mere spirit, and have no knowledge of the bodily part of us.
- Real; actual; put into execution.
- Be brought to bodily act.
relating to the body
bodily (not comparable)
- In or by the body; physically.
- He was thrown bodily out of the house.
1883, Robert Louis Stevenson, “The Voyage”, in Treasure IslandWikisource:
- In I got bodily into the apple barrel, and found there was scarce an apple left; but sitting down there in the dark, what with the sound of the waters and the rocking movement of the ship, I had either fallen asleep or was on the point of doing so when a heavy man sat down with rather a clash close by.