Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From Spanish, from Latin capitulum.
cabildo (plural cabildos)
- A local government council in some Spanish-speaking communities.
- A town hall in some Spanish-speaking countries
- IPA: /kaˈβil.do/
cabildo m (plural cabildos)
- Body of churchmen that forms the chapter of a cathedral or collegiate church.
- A town council or other governing body at a local level.
- An assembly or meeting held by such a governing body.
- The place where such an assembly is held; cabildo.
- (local government council): ayuntamiento m
Related terms 
- English: cabildo