Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
callout (plural callouts)
- (communication) Outward bound telephone calls.
- (slang) An invitation to fight; the act of one child calling out another.
- (typography, graphic layout) A pull quote: an excerpt from an article (such as in a news magazine) that is duplicated in a large font alongside the article so as to grab a reader's attention and indicate the article's topic.
- A summons to someone designated as being on call
- An annotation that pertains to a specific location in a body of text or a graphic, and that is visually linked to that location by a mark or a matching pair of marks.
outward bound telephone calls
(slang) an invitation to fight
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.