Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (uncountable) The backs of camels.
- We travelled across the desert on camelback.
- (countable) A flexible water container worn on the back.
- An empty camelback is a blessing and a curse: it is easy to carry, but it means you have no water.
- (countable) A house with a second storey that does not completely cover the ground floor.
- My friend lived in a camelback; we used to have fun climbing out of the window onto the roof below.
- (countable) A railway locomotive that has its cab in the middle as opposed to at the end.
- The camelbacks were designed to help with the visibility problems inherent in putting the driver behind the entire engine.
- (countable) A camelback sofa or chair.
- He fell back relieved into his favourite camelback with a gin and tonic.
- (uncountable) A type of rubber used in tyre restoration.
- We require four million tons of camelback each year.
- The camelback rubber produced in this plant is shipped around the world.