Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
chaplet (plural chaplets)
- A garland or circlet for the head.
- A string of beads, especially when making up five decades of the rosary.
- her chaplet of beads and her missal
- A moulding in the form of a string of beads; a bead-moulding.
- A small chapel or shrine.
- A bent piece of sheet iron, or a pin with thin plates on its ends, for holding a core in place in the mould.
- Alternative form of
- A tuft of feathers on a peacock's head.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Johnson to this entry?)
A garland or circlet for the head
A string of beads, especially when making up five decades of the rosary
A moulding in the form of a string of beads; a bead-moulding