Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Designed to be unable for a child to use, operate, or open.
- Because of her arthritis, she always asked not to have childproof caps on her medicine bottles.
- Made safe for children.
- They attempted to make the house childproof by covering all sharp corners with soft foam.
- Made safe from children; resistant to damage by children.
- After several visits from his darling nephews, Mike's bookshelves were childproof; all breakables and valuable books had been moved out of reach.
- To make something childproof.
- I debated childproofing my house, but decided against, on the basis that any scars or burns would serve as object lessons in restraint.